Thursday 27 June 2013

My apologies....

Firstly, hello to anyone still following me, and my very lacks blog. I would like to thank you all for sticking with me, even though my posting is extremely sporadic. I really want to turn this blog into something great. (I do believe I have said this before.) I am just not sure what to post. Do I keep this strictly Filofax, or do I just post what matters to me, now matter what it is.

I also tried my hand at You Tube. I am not sure if I will continue with my channel or not. I would love to make more Filofax videos, as they are some of my favourites to watch, but I just feel like perhaps they are not the quality they should be. I only have an IPhone and a PC, so I don't know if that makes the best combination, and I am really not very tech savvy so I don't really know what I am doing lol.

I am afraid this post doesn't make much sense at all. I am hoping, as I said to post more here. I do have a promised post coming for my dear friend Deborah, and I will do an update on my Filofax. But then I think about it and the sounds of making a video seem so much easier.....UGH....perhaps I should just leave the social media stuff to the experts and watch from afar..........

5 comments:

  1. Ah, I feel the exact same way about my blog! i'm thinking about going back to it, but expand on other subjects that interest me... I guess we'll both see how things unfold and which direction we choose :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph -

    No need for apologies. I think a blog (and YouTube channel) should be something that IS NOT painful, annoying, and/or frustrating for you to do. I certainly haven't done regular postings on my blog since I first started it! I think that your followers understand and have no expectation that you'll be posting something every week, etc. Do whatever you want to do! If you want to have this venue available to you to post something every so often, then do that. If you feel guilty about not posting regularly and are finding it difficult to come up with post ideas...then maybe close down the site. This should be something that is, overall, enjoyable for YOU! This is your blog and it's YOUR time that you dedicate to it. Let that dictate what you decide to do.

    Again, I don't believe that an apology is needed. When a post does show up, it's like a little surprise gift! And who doesn't like that???

    Big hugs to you, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im a new follower..as a blogger myself i tend to blog alot then slow down to hardly nothing.i have faithful folowers but it doesnt bother me if i dont get posts out..when i do i try to keep it fun..you do what is comfy with you.I blog about many things from filofaxes to sewing to my family... i envy the people that do the YouTube posts as i would end up laughing through my own lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Steph,

    Don’t beat yourself up poppet! Figuring out what to blog about can come easy or hard. I think it’s probably easier to talk about things that you are passionate about – things that matter to you.

    Looking at your profile you have a wide range of interests – I’d love to hear your thoughts on all of them! Maybe pick one of your interests, eg cooking and do a little piece on it. Could be just a photo and a caption, or a complete video showing some tips and tricks. For me, it might be a pile of cookery books that I barely use and some delicious bok choy that I just invented a recipe for!

    Don't knock yourself out trying to blog too frequently - its your space. Personally, I think I blog too often I need to cut back as I need to focus my spare time on other priorities.

    Take care hun – letter on its way soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is no need to feel bad for not blogging as often as you feel you ought to. It is as much for you as for your readers (if not more so) and you shouldn't feel pressure to please everyone else . You should blog whatever YOU feel like blogging, whenever YOU feel like blogging. We all love the filofax posts, but it's nice to read other things too, it helps people to connect to you on other levels as well. xxx

    ReplyDelete